Tuesday 18 March 2014

Day 2: My National Conference Exploits.....

So today or was it yesterday? (18th March 2014) day two (2) of the National Conference, ended well? Or not? I can't say but it was a day full of activities.

There was a question and answer session by delegates. Someone said "some of the people delebrating on the problems of Nigeria at the National Conference are part of Nigeria's problem".

Another countered "We are the problem and also the solution" Is it that someone picked his sub by the forgone speaker?

Another protested on the use of Islamic citation by the chairman of the National Conference before reading out his speech.

Some aired their reservation especially with the seating arrangement - because of our cultures and respect for the elderly, a young person can't instruct an elderly man/woman to stand up he/she wants to step out and resolve some pressing issues and so on.

Then there was sharing of trolley boxes. Names were called one after the other, everyone stepped down and collected his, therein were six (6) working books for perusal and study.

So I walked out of the hall where boxes were shared and went to the secretariat to get a form to fill. I collected the form from an official, and started filling, then a drama began right in front of me without paying for a cinema fee.

A man was standing by the door, another came in with a box trolley - it resembled the one we were given books in.

One of the officials asked the man that strolled in with the trolley "where did you say you were representing sir"? "Nigerians in the diaspora" the man with the trolley replied, "which continent" the official demanded? "Europe" said the man. "Can I see your passport sir"? because the man standing by the door shares same name with you and he is representing Nigerians in America", the man with the box said with a laughter "O I am glad to see someone I share the same name with, I thought my name is rare"

"My name America, my name UK" interesting said trolley carrying man.

So basically the two guys were claiming one slot. Both of them were obviously above 40 years.

He presented his passport after much fumbling saying "I cannot impersonate anyone you know"?

Well I was not filling form again o.

The official glanced at the mans passport, it looked very new, no page was stamped, he - official instructed the man standing by the door to present his (passport), he did, his was fully stamped.

Now this became interesting, the man with trolley was asked to present his indifinate residence permit, he said he doesn't join the two together - his passport and other papers, saying he left it at the hotel he lodged, the official told him to sit, he said, "no let me go and come back later by then this thing is sorted out".

The lead actor disappeared from the scene of the movie.

I am still pained by that.

So you know the National conference was adjourned till Monday right?

See you on Monday.

On Twitter: @Yadomah

5 comments:

  1. No be small drama; that's the power of 12M naira @work or pray tell me the reason an adult of over 40years of age would choose to impersonate another and no for a day or a week oo, seems he was willing to do this for 3 months... Anyways my question is this - As confab has been postponed till next monday now, allowances for these days would still be paid yeah? Well, I guess my answer would be yes, based on the fact that books have been issued for personal consumption. Hmmmnnnn, we dey here dey observe sha

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whaaat! Impersonators at the National Conference?

    How then can we be sure that we don't have impersonators in governance....

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice way to link up with you. When I see you have a chance to air your view, I will send my list of things to discuss. But get PRONACO's confab document as a guide.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting! U are our voice at this conference. Keep us informed and updated please!




    ReplyDelete