Wednesday 4 June 2014

Day 27: My National Conference Exploits..


On Thursday 15th May 2014 - Last day for committee work, we started as usual - we said the opening prayer, adopted the minutes of the previous meeting without amendment and discussed on ways we will make our presentation during the plenary.

We were requested to submit 20 copies of our committee report but our chair took it upon her self to make 500 copies for each delegate. 

Committee - Environment members thanked and hailed myself and the chair for a good leadership disposition and making a room for friendship and co existence. 

One of the committee members from Anambra promised to hook me up with one of his people and the other from Imo countered him by saying he has already booked me for his son. Well, they all know not that one of our committee member has already booked me for his son from Akwa Ibom, they even gave me option for polyandry. Variety they say is the.........? 


And then the tea boy that always smile at me when I go to take tea - he was always friendly and told me he was going to speak with me after our committee work. After the session, I completely forgot and only saw him on my way to the parking lot, he told me he is a footballer, just coming back from Dubai and that the tea business is controlled by one of his own, he is just here offering a helping hand and requested that he would want to be meeting with me often. ermmmm...*lips sealed*

After I have left the conference venue for home, my chair - Environment called me to come and meet her up at the business center that we both need to sign the original copy of our committee report, I went, met her and signed. 

We had to submit the report that very day at the conference secretariat and the 500 copies she intended to submit was not ready - we were all at the business center. I gave a helping hand in putting together the reports but it was getting late and very obvious we cannot get the 500 copies finished and delivered that very day, so we picked 30 copies and headed to the venue of the conference at about 7pm we reached the conference venue at some minutes after 7, went to the office of the deputy chair - national conference and submitted our report to him - finally finally done with committee work that is. The other copies - 500 was on the following day submitted to the conference secretariat. 


See you at first plenary after committee work on Monday.

On Twitter: @Yadomah 

No comments:

Post a Comment